Last week, we learned all the 1980 fashions that shouldn’t return to the fashion scene, ever…again. Next is the top 10 list of 1980 fashion statements that was all that and a stash of pop-rocks.
Top 10 Fashion Do’s of the 80s:
1. Swatch watches – Totally rad.
2. Risky Business shades – Like, they were so hawt.
3. The Don Johnson look – swoon!
4. Big hair – The higher it was, the cooler you were.
5. Off the shoulder top – thank you, Flashdance!!
6. Acid-washed jeans – you know it was done right when there were pebbles in your pockets.
7. Neon everything – My fluorescent eye shadows were SO flattering…like whatever.
8. Farrah Fawcett hairstyle – this girl could feather like no body’s business.
9. French-rolled jeans and laying on the bed and using a pair of pliers to zip up your TIGHT jeans.
10. Anything worn by Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran – *faint*
I’ve seen a lot of these already showing up in school’s and malls. For the record, as much as I LOVED these top 10 fashions of the 80s, I have no desire, what-so-ever, to wear them again. But more power to ya, you crazy GenZers!!