I was getting ready to write up a post with some of my favorite Indian dishes when I saw that Connie over at Smockity Frocks was having a carnival for crock pot recipes. So I’ll mix the two just a bit. Not everyone really digs Indian food, so I’ll do one Indian dish and one American dish.
Amy, this Indian dish is for you!
(adapted from Chaos in the Kitchen)
1 cup green beans
1 cup of cubed potatoes
1 lb chicken breasts
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced or grated (or in the tube)
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 T. curry powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. ground mustard
1/2 t. ground cardamom
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
2 t. kosher salt (or salt to taste)
Fresh cilantro or parsley
1. Layer green beans, potatoes, chicken, and cinnamon stick in crock pot.
2. Saute onion and garlic in some oil till transparent. Then add all spices and cook for about a minute.
3. Add tomato sauce and stir well.
4. Taste sauce and salt as desired. Pour sauce mixture into crock pot.
5. Cover crock pot and cook on low 5 hours.
6. Before serving roughly chop a bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley and toss gently into crock pot.
7. Serve with basmati rice.
Connie, this is my go-to, feel-good, super easy dish! (You might want to double this for your family. 😉 )
2 – 2.5 lbs boneless beef round steak
1-2 envelopes of dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c water
Cut steak into six serving pieces. Place in cooker. Combine all else and pour over beef. Cook low 7-8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.