I was recently asked me to take a look at Rice Krispies website and give my thoughts. (Yes, I’m on a cereal kick, Aunt Bea!) I have to admit, my first reaction was, “How exciting can a cereal website be?!”
(3 days of the flu can make you grumpy.)
You know what? It was stinkin’ cool. I’m saying that from a mommy POV, educator POV, and entrepreneur POV. My son, Gremlin and I had a lot of fun going through that website.
My favorite parts were:
1. They have a section where you can pick a year and it will show you what the cereal box looked like. Does Gma want to remember what her box of Rice Krispies looked like? Go ahead and pick 1932. It’s there!
2. They have a whole section with recipes you can do with your kids. Yum.
3. They have partnered up with Playing for Keeps to create Operation Spark. Operation Spark gives advice (through an expert panel – which includes mom’s and dad’s) on how to strengthen the family connection. Love that idea!
1. Look mom! Games to play! And I can paint! Book it! (4-year-old-ese for Bookmark it)
2. Knisper! Knasper! Knusper! I speak German! (German for Snap! Crackle! Pop!)
3. I think that girl goes to my school. She’s cute. Maybe I’ll marry her. (Gulp….They use really families for their commercials on tv.)
I actually had a lot of fun with Gremlin. Hope to do it again tomorrow…